Saturday, June 9, 2012

That sinking feeling - Maldives (Day 1)

Best Blogger Tips
And I thought I would never write again.  It took me some time to honestly open up and start pouring out words in this space that is so dear to my heart.  It never occurred to me that there would come a time that I'll choose to stop what I love doing the most.  I guess I didn't really stop, I just took a breather to have a clearer view of the more important things in life. Life happened, in the most odd way and inexplicable circumstances.  There are things that you couldn't really explain or perhaps there are mysteries that are to remain that way.  

Ironically the most hardest reality I have to face in my 29 years of existence happened in the most romantic place in my bucket list, in Maldives.  They say when reality hits you, almost always it hits you hard.  Mine I can describe as a humongous old tree lying comfortably over my small fragile frame making it so hard to breathe.  I realized, I wasn't happy.  I couldn't even define what happiness was.  I needed that vacation.  I needed a place to think and maybe in the process find that damn lightheartedness that I was looking for.  

The place was such a beauty.  It was paradise to its truest sense.  I was so thankful I have my special friends  with me on that trip.  They make me happy, all those crazy times we shared was enough to keep me going.  So below my dear readers are the pictures of our first day in paradise.  Lost as I was in that island, I can say it's one of the most memorable experiences in my life.

































































































  
  
  
  


  


   
  












  



   


There is a possibility that Maldives will sink under water if the climate change keeps raising the sea levels.  Talks of relocating the entire country is ongoing.  The thought of this sinking paradise saddens me.  Spending time with the Maldivians in Holiday Inn Kandooma was an eye opener.  I saw how much effort they put into keeping the island clean and pleasant.  I can't help but notice the joy in their eyes every single time they greet us and the excitement in each time they share the island stories.  It's just terrible to think that something they love and cared for will all be gone in the next couple of years.  If you think about it, that's life right?  I think that people that live for God ought to really live.  And I know that's what the Maldivians do, they literally stop and smell the roses.  Enjoy it while it's still there.  Let's all be thankful for the great things in this world, hope for a better future and fight our way through. =)
  
"Nothing is permanent in this world, not even our troubles."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! you never strike me as someone who would care for the environment, better yet you never strike anything at ‎all except of course for the nice set of teeth that you have to go along perfectly with that killer smile! ‎shallow is what how i assumed you were, and yes assumption is the ‎mother of all f' ups! my bad... after spending time reading your weblog, i now see ‎you differently, as if it matters to you?! oh well, that being said, hard not to admit that you've gained ‎another not so secret admirer... you just got 1up! (ala super mario bros sound effect!)

Miejay Madla said...

Whoah, this struck me as a dissing comment at first, which I honestly welcome. I respect your assumptions, it's not an isolated case, most people think worse about me. Hahaha! Well, thanks for the appreciation, whoever you are. =)

Anonymous said...

Hello! Your blog is amazing! I envy your travels! Anyway, I also work here in the middle east and I wonder, how did you plan your Maldives trip? Some tips would really be helpful because my friends and I want to go there too. =)

Madison said...

These are such joyful pics of your time with friends and family in the amazing Maldives - thanks for sharing them!

Ana said...

Great pics Miejay! Such a beautiful place to spend precious time with your friends and family! ps. how cute are those plastic canines!!

Post a Comment