Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ride into the DANGER ZONE.

Best Blogger Tips
Standing on the edge of a cliff and anticipating a strong wind to blow me away - that's exactly how I felt watching the guys from Red Bull X Fighters kick off their tour for this year. It was a first for me to witness Freestyle Motocross (FMX) and yes I did expect riders to do multiple jumps with their motorcycles in the air of course. What came as a surprise though is that it's not all about doing a decent jump and landing safely that makes you an FMX superstar. When I saw the stunts - lookover, one footer, one hander, no hander, no footer, cancan and the nerve wrecking flips I just can't help but wonder where these guys bought loads and loads of bravery to even try and learn how to do these tricks. 

The show lasted for about 2 hours, and the whole time I was squeezing my thighs and pinching my hand because it really took my "nervous energy" to the extremes.  Most of you know that I'm not gifted with good height, so for shows like this I've to find means to get a good view. I'd like to send my shout out to the one who invented RAILINGS! I was sitting on it for hours and I didn't feel discomfort until the end of the show, that's how engrossed I was.  

I felt disheartened when we reached the Dubai Marina area because of the terrible traffic.  We can't even find  a parking space because the event was in fact held in the parking area. Then finally we found a spot, still we have to walk quite a distance to reach the venue.  When we reached the arena it started to drizzle. Great job DU (one of the event sponsors) for the umbrella giveaways, it was so useful that night.  When at last the show started, all the negative vibes were laid to rest. 

I'll let the photos and video clip below tell the rest of the story, all these ranting and raving is tiring. 

Traffic, too bad nakaka-badtrip...
Meet Simang: Simangot na simangot na
Happy again!
Rider dummy
TimeOut Ticket Collection Booth - a lot of people were asking around for extra tickets
Thank you for the umbrella, DU
With Jen, Shad,  Faix and Kuya Aris
The Ramp
Bleachers
Thousands of enthusiasts
Even the young ones were glued
Motorcycle galore
Red Bull promo vehicles, I just love the MINI! 
Nate Adams was Red Bull X Fighters Champ for 2010
Qualifying Round
No BLINKING!
Torres vs Adams
Things are getting really exciting!
Torres vs Jones
Flipping the night away 
Semi-final round - I can't forget William's entertaining performance, he lost to Andre Villa in this round though
The priceless smile all over Chat's face
Final Round: Dany Torres of Spain vs Andre Villa of Norway
DANY TORRES: FMX "King of the Desert" (Papicture kame kahit nasa screen lang siya!)
WINNERS:  1. Dany Torres (ESP) 2. Andre Villa (NOR) 3. Nate Adams (USA) 
RED BULL'S Official Merchandise Booth
After event pahinga
Extremely high night

Final results:
1. Dany Torres (ESP)
2. Andre Villa (NOR) 
3. Nate Adams (USA) 
4. Blake Williams (AUS) 
5. Levi Sherwood (NZL) 
6. Eigo Sato (JAP) 
7. Robbie Maddison (AUS) 
8. Adam Jones (USA)
9. Taka Higashino (JAP) 
10. Rob Adelberg (AUS) 
11. Lance Coury (USA)
12. Jackson Strong (AUS)


Photos and Video taken by me and Chatterly Recardo

0 comments:

Post a Comment