Tuesday, April 12, 2011

BADUIZM in DUBAI.

Best Blogger Tips
Last Saturday I had one hell of a night - and I meant this in a positive way. We went to the Dubai Chill Out Fest and danced the night away with Erykah Badu. I was star-struck, awed, drooling, skipping heart beats, flying high, dancing like it was my last day on earth and hypnotized by her. Having her in front of me was like being trapped in a trance and you wouldn't want to snap out it. So anyway, I know I made a vow never to attend another event in Nasimi Beach because of the "meat market" scene, but I've to get over the petrifying incident and march bravely to the venue to see Erykah.

So, here's the story morning glory. We arrived at around 10:30. Picked up our tickets at the gate and as to what happened next, check out the photos and videos we took. (tamad na magkwento)

Marching to the gate
Advanced tickets pick-up (TimeOut booth) 
Please, no awkward moments inside..please.
Bumping into Tareek at the entrance, very nostalgic. He was telling us how boring his job was. Hahaha. YOU ALREADY =)
Tine and Patur = EXCITED
Kaan and Patur
Making our way to the stage
STOKED!
Hostess announcing the winners for the Nokia contest
I have such beautiful friends.
Fueling up for the next 2-3 hours
We miss you Rach and Rona!
Sleepy na, we have work the following day! Please bring her out!
Playing with Pink 5, inip na tagal lumabas ni Erykah! :)
I got tired of dancing, I've to save my energy for her.
Chill!
Mala demonya fez sa inip. Hahaha!
Play lang ng play! ahahahaha :)

Here's what happened when we got to Nasimi Beach in Atlantis. Surprisingly, I kind of enjoyed myself even before Erykah came out. What a relaxed crowd. Everyone was just chilling to the music. GV-han galore the entire night. 




So we got tired of dancing and anticipating for Erykah to come out, so we started shouting "Erykah! Erykah!" Then finally her shrill and raspy voice filled the air in unison with the sea breeze and washed away all our weariness. Robed in a jumpsuit, a green shawl, a stunning neck piece and her signature hat, she appeared on stage.  I was dumbfounded and forgot about everyone around me. It was just me, her and the music. The truth remains, she undoubtedly is the goddess of neo soul. 

Kilig na kilig si Kristine de Leon!




HALA!!!I honestly didn't know that I look like this when I dance. Parang reggae meets cultural dancing. LOL! Why the f*ck are my hands in the air??! Laugh trip sobra!

These are bits and pieces of Erykah's set. WARNING: Deafening screams and non-stop grinding. Fan na fan lang! ahahahahaha! =)


Erykah singing 20 Feet Tall and The Healer




"As Erykah Badu, it has nothing to do with me, the way I look, my hair wrap, my style, it's about you and what you feel for my music. If I can make you feel like the way that people who influenced me made me feel, that's completion." 

                          
Photos taken by me, Chat, Tine and Kaan
Video taken by me and Chat 

4 comments:

Tine said...

kilig pa din ako. :)

Miejay Madla said...

Me TOO!!! Kileg to the BONES! :)

July said...

i love malademonyang pic. u look so european. i miss patring. hindi pa rin nagbabago may psp pang dala.

Miejay Madla said...

Hahaha! Thanks JULS! Hay naku sinabe mo pa, hinde pwedeng walang toy na dala si Ms. Chico no! =)

Post a Comment