Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A night I've always longed for, Bob Marley in Dubai.

Best Blogger Tips
My friend Joan Cruz sent me an e-mail yesterday afternoon, since I was out of station I got the chance to check what she sent me in the evening. She BBM-ed me what it was about and I was so thrilled. Thank you so much Jo for being the bearer of good tidings.   

For almost 3 years here in Dubai, I have always longed for a reggae gig.  When I first came here I was really disappointed upon learning that bars doesn't usually showcase reggae bands. It got me thinking that maybe there's isn't a market or an audience for this genre.  So when I heard of the news, I felt liberated.  

It should be and amazing night, a chance for us to enjoy the relaxing rhythms as four bands play a mix of Bob Marley classics and other reggae hits.  So for those of you residing in the UAE who never got to see a reggae stint in the last couple of years, this is one awesome opportunity you shouldn't miss.  



Venue: The Music Room, Majestic Hotel Tower
The bands performing are:

• BEHOLD THE LOCUS
• ALDO ROCK AND THE FOOTPRINTS
• BROWNFUSION
• ONE TIME



Special Guest: DJ WASSWA


For reservations call : +97150-2484054/+97150-1139873/+97156-7996335
Or E-mail : rocknationuae@yahoo.com



Here's the Jammin' radio ad from Coast FM:


"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment