Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Baby I was born this way.

Best Blogger Tips
I am Miejay, I'm a BLT. A Big Lipped Twat, yes that is what I am. Honestly I am not really proud of it and I was surprised when huge, pouty lips became and instant fad.  Some girls are using lip enhancing devices and cosmetics to get fuller and bigger lips.  Thanks to Angelina Jolie, others are resorting to surgery like lip fillers to achieve that plump and pouty look.  Even so, I still wasn't comfortable with what I have.  In photos, I have always have this default big grin so as to stretch my lips wider making it look thinner.  

This is also one reason why I shy away from lipsticks.  It has become a personal conception that lipsticks make lips more heavy looking.  Until about a few months back that I got an expert advise from a beauty consultant from Make Up Forever.  She told me that for my lips I should apply muted colors such as purples, bronzes and browns to get the balanced look.  When nude lipsticks entered the scene, it was rejoice time for me.  Nude lipsticks help you pull of that muted lip effect.  

Me and my friends were doing the usual mall rounds last weekend and I passed by MAC.  I saw this huge Viva Glam poster of Lady Gaga just outside the store.  I have this habit of smelling a thing first before trying it on or eating it. If I give this lipstick to my daughter she will probably nibble it immediately. It's mocha-cholatey smell is really tempting.  When I tried it on, I didn't look a bit like Lady Gaga but I was really pleased with what I saw.


I'm not really a big fan of the mother monster mainly because I'm not into her music, although I admire her bold and courageous fashion flair.  We have to admit, she has a sturdy influence on people because of her music.  That's why MAC Aids Fund, the heart and soul of MAC cosmetics with the help of Lady Gaga is spreading the word about the impact of HIV/AIDS to men, women and children.


Every cent (exclusive of local taxes where applicable) of sale from this MAC Viva Glam Gaga new shade of nude will automatically go towards helping this advocacy.  

The Lipstick is a light warm beige with an amplified finish

The Lip Gloss is a mouth watering pale milky-beige

Here's a video of the MAC Viva Glam Gaga ad.



And now, on spotlight, let me present to you, my massive lips in MAC Viva Glam lipstick and lip gloss. (Woohoo! Massive!)










Just a tip: Nude lipsticks comes best when paired with heavy eye makeup specially with smokey eyes. Disappointingly, I don't have a hefty set of those since I really don't wear makeup.  I think I'll just stick with the lipstick I bought for now. 

Makeup by Tine de Leon
Photos by Chat Recardo
Some photos taken from: http://www.vivaglam.com/


0 comments:

Post a Comment