Saturday, February 19, 2011

Love at First BITE: Dubai International Jazz Festival 2011

Best Blogger Tips
The Dubai International Jazz Fest is a music event held annually, particularly in the months of January to February seeing that the weather is pleasurable during this time. Held this year from 20th January to 18th February, we got a load of great music artists featured by Chillout Productions.

The schedule of events this year are as follows:

•The Jazz World (January 20th-28th) – The Walk JBR
•The Jazz Garden (Feb 8th-5th) “excluding the 14th”– Dubai Media City Amphitheater
•The Main Concerts (Feb 16th-18th) – Dubai Media City Amphitheater

I was really attempting to make an appearance on all dates, however my schedule (work, ugh.) made it fairly impossible. So immediately, I checked on the list of performers and I was ecstatic to see this: 


February 16 - Mica Paris, Alison Moyet and Jools Holland 
February 17 - Mindi Abair and Peter White, Macy Gray and Lifehouse
February 18 - Jessy J., Joshua Radin and Train

Without thinking twice, I picked Feb. 17 because of MACY GRAY! I love her eccentric husky voice, unique singing style and fabulous fashion sense. In fact she was named VH1 and Vogue's Most Fashionable Female Artist at the 2000 awards.

The final performer for that night was Lifehouse. I am not a big Lifehouse fan, I just find myself humming to Hanging By A Moment every now and then. Considering that the lead vocals (Jason Wade) was rather cute, I settled to give this band a chance. So GO na tlaga to!!!

So 2 nights ago my friends and I strutted to the Dubai Media City Ampitheater and here goes our night!

The Venue
Food and Beverage Stubs
Food Stand
What's a concert without alcohol? =)


Kuya photographer from Ahlan and Time Out Dubai took photos of us for the Mag! =)

Chat and I waiting patiently for the show to start

Rockin' it with Kuya Aris


The Crowd
Clad in her signature white floor length dress with black feather boa, Macy Gray looked amazing!

This is Macy Gray's cover of Creep by Radiohead

"Which one do you prefer? Love or sex? I have a song which sums up a little bit of both." - Macy Gray intro before she sang I TRY
This is just a portion of the song, an annoying mobile phone gets in the way of the view. She ended the song with a line from Bob Marley's hit, No woman no cry.



Jason Wade of Lifehouse
He is an EYE CANDY!!
The crowd went wild! Didn't know there were a lot of Lifehouse fans in Dubai

Love is indeed what I felt at my first bite on the festival. I couldn't forget Macy's performance, the audience went crazy, singing and swaying.  I was amused when she said that she heard people in Dubai drink too much, which is great  because it made them sound better. I didn't know a lot of people here were into Lifehouse. I gave them a chance though, and I have to say Jason Wade can sing and he is really charming (hahahaha! chaka ng comment ko, hinde kasi ako mashadong na-amaze sa kanila eh, steady lang ganun).

I hope next year's line-up would offer as much hullabaloo as it did this year.  I can't wait. 



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

jazz \o/

Post a Comment